PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh police are piecing together a double shooting in the Elliott section of Pittsburgh.
Channel 11 has learned an 18-year-old man and a 15-year-old were shot in the 1000 block of Charters Avenue just before 10 p.m.
Investigators said the 18-year-old victim walked into a nearby restaurant for help and collapsed.
He was rushed to the hospital in critical but stable condition.
A short time later, detectives said a juvenile with a gunshot wound showed up at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Man shot 15 years ago in downtown Pittsburgh parking garage dies in hospital
- 12 people charged in relation to $87M in false Medicaid claims
- Man accused of fatally beating infant while changing her diaper
- VIDEO: 1 month after Tree of Life shooting, we mourn the lives lost
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
There is no word on his condition.
Channel 11 looked at the data and in the last two years in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, there have been at least 24 victims who died from gun violence, all of them 20 years old and younger, several in their mid-teens.
That number does not include the teens who are victims of gun violence and survive their injuries, like the two teens Tuesday night in Elliott.
© 2020 Cox Media Group