PITTSBURGH - UPMC workers stood in the rain and snow Monday calling out their employer for what they called the crushing cost of health care.
The rally came just days after Attorney General Josh Shapiro filed an appeal to the state Supreme Court asking for to extend an agreement between UPMC and Highmark.
The workers were joined by Pennsylvania state Sens. Jay Costa and Lindsey Williams, as well as Pittsburgh City Controller Michael Lamb.
Costa has introduced legislation to stop the agreement between UPMC and Highmark from coming to an end as scheduled on June 30.
- 1 adult, 18 juveniles facing charges related to assault during Michael Rosfeld protest
- Notre Dame Cathedral: Historic structure on fire in Paris
- 1 dead after apparent shooting in Leechburg
- VIDEO: Derry Borough mayor accused of pointing gun at boy who got into fight with son
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.