PITTSBURGH — UPMC is working with the U.S. Department of Justice after receiving two subpoenas from a federal grand jury in late July.
The health care system disclosed the grand jury subpoenas, along with an unexecuted search warrant, in a recent unaudited quarterly financial filing for the quarter ended Sept. 30. The subpoenas and warrant sought "various records from one of UPMC's clinical departments," UPMC said in the filing. The subpoenas were received July 29, and UPMC said in the filing that it was complying with the subpoenas and the search warrant. But it didn't provide any further details.
- Belichick says Patriots' filming Bengals sideline not a football issue: 'I had no involvement'
- Children taken out of Pittsburgh home after deadly shooting
- Allegheny Co. Health Department confirms active tuberculosis case in student at Pittsburgh school
- VIDEO: Man accused of stalking girl for over a year, driving to West Mifflin home to have sex with her
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Pittsburgh Business Times