Allegheny County police said they are investigating several vehicle break-ins across the county parks system.
The thieves are mainly stealing credit cards from purses that are in passenger compartments of vehicles, according to a post on the department’s Facebook page.
“Please secure your belongings prior to leaving your car. If you can leave valuables at home, please do so. If you cannot avoid bringing valuables to the park, please secure them out of sight, ideally in a locked compartment,” the post said.
The department said people might notice an increase in patrols in the coming days.
- Heavy metals found in popular baby foods could cause behavioral issues, report finds
- Avoid low-carb diets if you want to live longer, study suggests
- Girl secretly buys $350 in toys on mom's Amazon account; family turns it into ‘teaching moment'
- VIDEO: 11-year-old boy suffers stroke after complications with chickenpox, report says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.