HARRISBURG — HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania's Republican candidate for governor is telling Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf to put on a catcher's mask because "I'm going to stomp all over your face with golf spikes."
His campaign says the remarks are of course metaphorical, but are meant to convey how Wagner will approach the campaign's final stretch before the Nov. 6 election.
- Dad accused of starving infant daughter told 911 dispatcher baby was 'dead as a doornail'
- 'It's a tremendous loss': Sound mixer dies after fall on set of Mister Rogers movie
- Health department reveals new details on suspected cases of mysterious illness
- VIDEO: Florida Bus Driver Gets Bus Stuck In Pool
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Wolf's campaign says they show Wagner is "unhinged and unfit for office."
High-ranking Republican U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise condemned the remarks on Twitter.
Wagner, a former state senator who owns a waste-hauling company, has used other violent imagery in the past to describe how he'd get things done in the Capitol.
He once talked about wearing gloves to the statehouse because things would get bloody, and another time spoke of bringing a baseball bat.
© 2020 Associated Press