PITTSBURGH - UPDATE Sunday 8:44 p.m. - Inbound Fort Pitt Boulevard between Stanwix and Market streets will remain closed to all traffic until further notice while restorations to the street are made, PWSA said.
A water main break has closed part of a busy downtown Pittsburgh street Friday.
The break was reported shortly before 10:30 a.m. on Fort Pitt Boulevard, in the area of Stanwix Street.
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority officials said the break occurred in a 10-inch water main. Crews will be working to make repairs into Saturday.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Officials said inbound Fort Pitt Boulevard is closed between Stanwix and Market streets. PWSA said one lane of traffic will reopen around 11 p.m. Friday.
There will then be another full closure to make final repairs Saturday morning.
There is also a lane restriction on the Parkway East approaching the Fort Duquesne Bridge and North Shore.
No interruptions to water service in the area are expected, the PWSA said.
LANE RESTRICTION ON PARKWAY EAST approach to the Fort Duquesne Bridge / North Shore Due to a Water Main Break above on Fort Pitt Blvd at Stanwix Street. #PittsburghTraffic #wpxi pic.twitter.com/myl757I8c1— WPXI Traffic (@WPXITraffic) August 23, 2019
- Police want to remind everyone that there are in fact laws when you're drinking claws
- 4800 gallons of 'unknown substance' spills into Yough River when tractor trailer flips over
- Florida executes convicted serial killer Gary Ray Bowles, who targeted gay men
- VIDEO: New details on death of woman found inside room that had been duct taped shut
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.