PITTSBURGH - A water main break left people in Pittsburgh’s Shadyside neighborhood without water service Thursday morning.
The break was reported about 3 a.m. on South Highland Avenue. Traffic is not allowed through the area.
Crews dug two holes on opposite ends of the street to make repairs, and water started to be turned back on by 6 a.m.
Workers said there was a leaking valve from the break on South Highland, near Howe Street. Crews then replaced a valve at the other end of the street, near Walnut Street.
- Dunkin' Donuts employee performs CPR on collapsed trucker
- Pa. Walmart worker with disabilities hopes to keep job as requirements change
- PHOTOS: Westmoreland County's Most Wanted
- VIDEO: Police confiscate over $100K, several pounds of marijuana and guns
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.