The former manager of two wedding venues is accused of stealing more than $8,000 from couples looking to get married.
Only Channel 11 was there as Robert Miller, of Scottdale, walked out of the magistrate's office Friday morning.
Miller worked for Banquets Unlimited for about a decade, handling weddings, funerals, graduation parties and other big events.
He was fired in November, but the owner of the business said he knew nothing of the thefts until a new manager started and noticed the discrepancies.
Police said Miller would entice soon-to-be brides and grooms with incentives if they paid their deposits in cash.
"Miller had offered upgraded alcohol packages, shuttle services, wedding cake upgrades, complimentary wedding party dinners if these customers paid in cash. These services are not offered by Banquets Unlimited," detectives said in charging documents.
Miller would then allegedly alter the invoices to say the customers paid with a check or credit card.
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Investigators: Late Ohio State team doctor abused 177 men
- ONLY ON 11: Local Uber driver describes being blindsided by police after night of driving
- VIDEO: Controversial new SAT scores
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.