PITTSBURGH - A 1-year-old girl was taken to a hospital for evaluation after a possible abduction in Pittsburgh’s Homewood neighborhood, police said.
The babysitter ran to the store and left her teenager to care for the girl, according to a criminal complaint. During that time, a woman who was known to the family went into the home about 8 p.m. and took the child without permission.
Police began a search of the area, and around 9:30 p.m. stopped the 27-year-old suspect’s vehicle on the Birmingham Bridge. The girl was found safe in the vehicle, but she was taken to UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh for evaluation.
Nayshell Sly was taken to police headquarters for questioning. She is charged with kidnapping, burglary and interference with custody of children.
- Police: Body believed to be missing Illinois 5-year-old AJ Freund found, parents charged
- Woman dies after falling into meat grinder
- 1 injured after car goes over embankment near walking trail
- VIDEO: High school senior hopes to marry the love of his life while fighting rare cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.