BUTLER, Pa. - A suspected burglar is facing charges after a failed rooftop getaway in Butler County.
Butler police say Cassandra Welsh, 28, was inside a home on Olive Street when the residents came home.
"They found the place had been broken into. The actor was still inside, last seen in a bedroom," said Capt. James Hollobaugh. "Officers made entry, could not locate the person."
Homeowners told police they had never met Welsh, who fled to a secondary roof, where she had nowhere to go.
"One of our officers actually had to help her down off the roof," Hollobaugh said.
Welsh is facing a number of charges including burglary, theft and disorderly conduct. She has no prior criminal history and is currently free on bond.
- Ariana Grande posts thoughts about Mac Miller on Instagram
- Developer planning to open lagoon on the North Side
- Woman jumps through window to escape home with padlocked doors
- VIDEO: Woman jumps through window to escape home with padlocked doors
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.