PITTSBURGH — Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is planning a full weekend closure of inbound (eastbound) I-376 (Parkway West) in Scott Township and Rosslyn Farms, Carnegie and Greentree boroughs, Allegheny County.
The closure will occur Friday night through Monday morning, weather permitting.
Crews will conduct paving operations on inbound I-376 beginning at 10 p.m. Friday continuously through Monday at 6 a.m.
Inbound I-376 will be closed to traffic between the I-79 (Exit 64A) and the Parkway Center (Exit 68) interchanges.
The paving operation is weather dependent. If inclement weather occurs, crews will conduct pipe replacement during the weekend closure.
All inbound traffic will be detoured. Police will control traffic at key intersections along the detour route.
Posted eastbound detour route (between I-79 and Parkway Center)
- Motorists will exit I-376 at the I-79 south (Exit 64A) interchange towards Washington
- Follow I-79 south to the Carnegie (Exit 57) interchange off-ramp
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn left onto West Main Street
- West Main Street becomes Mansfield Boulevard
- Turn right onto Chestnut Street
- Turn left onto East Main Street
- East Main Street becomes Noblestown Road
- Turn right onto Mansfield Avenue
- Turn left onto Greentree Road
- Turn right onto Parkway Center Drive
- Follow to I-376
- End detour
Additionally during the weekend, single-lane restrictions will occur in the following locations:
- Outbound (westbound) I-376 between the Greentree/Crafton (Exit 67) and I-79 (Exit 64A) interchanges.
- Inbound (eastbound) I-376 between Parkway Center and the Fort Pitt Tunnel
A total of 6 weekend closures will be implemented for paving operations.
Overnight closures and single-lane restrictions will occur on I-376 Parkway West according to the following schedule (the schedule is subject to change):
Wednesday night, April 15
- Full eastbound (inbound) closure from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single-lane restriction westbound (outbound) from two hours after the end of the Pirate game to 6 a.m.
Thursday night, April 16
- Full westbound (outbound) closure from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single-lane restriction eastbound (inbound) from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The westbound (outbound) closures will occur between the Greentree/Crafton (Exit 67) and I-79 (Exit 64A) interchanges.
Posted westbound detour (between Greentree and I-79)
- Motorists will exit I-376 at the Greentree/Crafton (Exit 67) interchange
- Bear left to north 121 towards Crafton
- Turn left onto Mansfield Avenue (Route 3062)
- Turn left onto Noblestown Road (Route 50)
- Noblestown Road becomes East Main Street
- Turn right onto Jane Street
- Jane Street becomes Mansfield Boulevard
- Mansfield Boulevard becomes West Main Street
- Follow West Main Street to I-79
- Take the ramp to northbound I-79
- Follow northbound I-79 to I-376
- End detour
The eastbound (inbound) closures will occur between I-79 (Exit 64A) and Parkway Center (Exit 68) interchanges. The detour route is listed above.
Crews will conduct barrier replacement, shoulder reconstruction and bridge rehabilitation work.
Additionally, work will occur on structures at the Poplar Street and Banksville Road interchanges.
Motorists should allow extra time if traveling through the corridor.
Additionally, motorists should be aware of shifting and narrowing lanes. Please use caution and slow down through the construction area. Work zone safety is everyone’s responsibility.
To help keep motorists informed as work progresses, PennDOT has created an email distribution list for I-376 Parkway West traffic advisories and construction updates.
Enroll by sending email addresses to email@example.com. Please write "Subscribe – Parkway West" in the subject line.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com.
511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 700 traffic cameras.
© 2020 WPXI