Tears are inevitable at a wedding, but a West Virginia man had everyone at the ceremony -- and much of the internet -- sniffling after his granddaughter snapped a heartbreaking photo.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
"Pawpaw sat and ate with mawmaw today at my wedding," Elswick tweeted.
Pawpaw sat and ate with mawmaw today at my wedding 🥺 pic.twitter.com/GEXWMCfgXB— Sahrah Elswick (@sahrahMichelle) July 7, 2019
The sign on the chair said, "We know you would be here today if heaven wasn't so far away," WSET reported.
"I loved your tribute to your grandparents," one person tweeted. "This is what marriage truly is. You stay together through thick and thin."
The tweet now has more than 19,000 retweets and 177,000 likes.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.