10-month-old baby hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummy bear

Baby Hospitalized After Eating Marijuana-Laced Gummy Bear

ELKHART, Ind. — A 10-month-old Indiana baby was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-laced gummy bear.

Police were called to an Elkhart hospital Friday after medical staffers determined the baby had ingested THC, according to WNDU-TV.

Content Continues Below

Elkhart police are investigating how the child got a hold of the marijuana candy.

“There’s neglect there. That child was put in danger. Whether or not it turns out to be something that’s criminal is something that we’ll have to look into,” Elkhart police Sgt. Chris Snyder told WNDU.

While no arrests have been made in the case, Synder said charges are possible.

The Indiana Department of Child Services is also involved in the case,