JACKSON, Miss. - Two teen boys are being charged as adults after police say they stole a car with a 6-year-old child inside.
WJTV reported that police identified 14-year-old Jeremiah Crawford and 14-year-old Ladarious Terrell as suspects in the incident involving a stolen vehicle in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jackson Police Department officials said Terrell and Crawford stole a white 2015 Nissan Sentra Tuesday. The car was unlocked and running and a 6-year-old child was inside when it was stolen, WAPT reported, citing police.
The Sentra was recovered a short time later, WLBT reported.
Police charged Terrell and Crawford with carjacking, kidnapping, and felony credit card fraud.
"Additional felony charges are pending," the department said in a tweet.
ARRESTED: Juvenile suspects, Jeremiah Crawford-14 and Ladarious Terrell-14, charged as adults with carjacking, kidnapping and felony credit card fraud, related to yesterday’s vehicle theft on Blair St. Additional felony charges are pending. https://t.co/BTAvX0Akn2— Jackson Police Department (@JacksonMSPolice) September 11, 2019
- Deadly crash reported on Route 51 in Westmoreland Co.
- Hazmat suits needed as crews remove over 100 dogs from Ross Twp. home
- Pastor and mental health advocate Jarrid Wilson dies of apparent suicide
- VIDEO: Man used cell phone to record other men in Pitt bathrooms, police say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.