SAN ANTONIO - A 3-year-old Texas boy is dead after police said his parents mistakenly left him in a hot car outside their San Antonio home.
Police believe that the parents became distracted after getting the boy's 6-year-old brother out of the car and accidentally left the toddler inside the vehicle. Meanwhile, outside temperatures climbed into the mid-90s, WOAI reported.
"One parent thought the other parent had grabbed both of the children, and, in fact, only the 6-year-old had been taken out of the car," San Antonio police Lt. Jesse Salame said, according to ABC News. "By the time they realized it several hours had passed, and when they got the child out of the vehicle, he was not responsive."
Paramedics tried but were unable to revive the boy, WOAI reported.
Police called the death "a tragic or horrific accident," according to the TV station.
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in medical situation at South Side apartment building
- Boil water advisory lifted for South Hills after pipe break
- Protesters demand gas stations shut down after violent fight goes viral
- VIDEO: Road shut down as students in Pittsburgh leave school for climate strike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.