BAILEYTON, Ala. - An Alabama mom was arrested after deputies found two boys dead at a Baileyton home Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
According to the Cullman Tribune and WIAT, Cullman County deputies discovered the bodies of the victims – 9- and 3-year-old brothers – at a home on County Road 1718 after responding to a 2:30 p.m. 911 call.
Investigators found the boys' mother "within a couple of hundred yards of the residence," Sheriff Matt Gentry said Saturday evening, according to the Tribune. Deputies arrested her, and emergency crews flew her to a nearby hospital, Gentry said.
Officials have not released the names of the children or their mother, and it wasn't immediately clear what charges the woman will face, the news outlets reported. Authorities also did not say how the children died.
"We don't know what caused this tragic incident, but what I can tell you is that evil was involved," Gentry told reporters.
Medical examiners plan to perform an autopsy on the boys, WIAT reported.
- Teens charged with rolling 80-pound log off cliff that killed photographer below/a>
- Massachusetts family of 5, including 3 children, dead in possible murder-suicide, officials say
- Boil water advisory issued for Mckeesport and Versailles
- VIDEO: Possible measles exposure at Philadelphia airport; state officials issue warning
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.