As “Avengers: Endgame” continues to set records for ticket sales, AMC Theaters is trying to meet the demand.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the company announced that the blockbuster is being added to round-the-clock showings at more than 60 theaters.
- Police: Body believed to be missing Illinois 5-year-old AJ Freund found, parents charged
- Woman dies after falling into meat grinder
- 1 injured after car goes over embankment near walking trail
- VIDEO: High school senior hopes to marry the love of his life while fighting rare cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“AMC guests have already purchased more tickets to AVENGERS: ENDGAME than we’ve ever sold in advance of a film’s release – and our first shows aren’t until Thursday evening,” Elizabeth Frank, EVP Worldwide Programming for AMC, said in a statement. “With a desire to satisfy as many Marvel fans as possible on Thursday and through the weekend, AMC’s programming team is reviewing ticket sales theatre by theatre and adding showtimes later and later. In fact, there are multiple AMC locations that will be operating around the clock from Thursday night through Sunday.”
The specific locations have not been listed by AMC, but 29 theaters will be open for 24 hours Thursday through Friday, with 18 others scheduled to be open around the clock Thursday through Saturday or Friday through Sunday. Still another 17 will be open for more than 72 hours Thursday night through Sunday.
Last year, AMC Theaters hosted a 12-film Marvel Cinematic Universe marathon on April 25, which lasted 31 hours and included an early screening of “Avengers: Infinity War.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.