A 2-year-old girl died in a hot car after a babysitter left the child in a hot car for several hours, police said.
Hobbs Police said Tammy Brooks, 41, was supposed to drop the child off at day care but instead drove to work and left the toddler in the car for several hours, KOAT reported.
- Whitehall woman's handyman charged with homicide after her disappearance
- Serial bank robbery suspect shot, killed by police as he threatened woman with knife
- Owner to demolish the Wholey building in the Strip District
- VIDEO: Panic in the sky: Delta flight plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Investigators said Brooks realized the child was in the car when she went to the car to run an errand.
Brooks was arrested and charged with abandonment or abuse of a child resulting in death, police said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.