LOS ANGELES - The iconic split level ranch house used as the exterior shot for “The Brady Bunch” has been extensively renovated so that its interior is mirror image of its broadcast version.
HGTV purchased the house in 2018 and added more than 2,000 square feet in order to create the rooms used by the famous TV family.
- Woman shows up at hospital after being shot, nearby community center shot up
- Recall alert: Aldi's Bakers Corner all-purpose flour recalled due to potential E. coli
- Channel 11 uncovers new details about alleged corruption in Aliquippa Police Department
- VIDEO: 11 things to do in Pittsburgh this weekend (5/24-5/26)
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After the White House, the Brady Bunch house is the most photographed domicile in the country, according to HGTV.
The work lasted seven months and will be featured in “A Very Brady Renovation” a show airing in September featuring TV siblings Barry Williams (Greg), Maureen McCormick (Marcia), Christopher Knight (Peter), Eve Plumb (Jan), Mike Lookinland (Bobby) and Susan Olsen (Cindy).
“It’s the definition of surreal," Knight told Good Morning America. "They created a home that we only have in our memory now because it was just a set."
Fans helped track down era and show-related furnishings for authenticity.
"It’s crazy walking in feeling like it’s Stage 5 at Paramount," McCormick told Good Morning America. "Cause it was a home and this is a real one now."
© 2019 Cox Media Group.