A slingshot-type ride in Panama City, Florida failed just before launching passengers high into the air.
Saturday evening, two occupants were seated in the "Vertical Accelerator" at the Cobra Adventure Park when one of the cords shredded.
In a video provided to WMBB, the left elastic rope can be seen snapping to the ground.
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Dick's Sporting Goods testing if it should stop selling guns, report says
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- VIDEO: Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After the incident, the ride was closed and the passengers were removed.
Reverse bungee rides, sometime referred to as slingshots, ejection seats or a catapult bungee fling riders hundreds of feet into the air on elastic ropes.
Officials at the park told WMBB that the ride is currently open and inspectors will be checking the ride.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.