CHARLOTTE, N.C. - On a recent flight, Carolina Panthers star Cam Newton reportedly offered another passenger $1,500 to switch seats so the quarterback could have more leg room.
The video appears to show Newton, who is 6 feet, 5 inches tall, talking to the seated passenger. The passenger shakes his head, and Newton returns to his seat on the 10-hour flight.
The clip quickly went viral, racking up more than 4.4 million views by Tuesday morning.
Edwards told CNN that he was flying back to the U.S. from Paris on the same flight as Newton.
- 11th American tourist dies after falling ill in Dominican Republic
- Undercover officers may be getting drunk on the job, Target 11 discovers
- Just Ducky Tours not operating in Pittsburgh in 2019
- VIDEO: Woman finds wedding ring after it was thrown in the garbage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.