A Carnival Fantasy cruise ship failed its health inspection after brown water came out of shower hoses in the medical center, film on the top and debris in the water of the pool, and issues in the food preparation area.
The ship will remain docked at the mouth of the Mobile River until the issues are corrected, WALA reported. Cruise ships are subject to periodic inspection twice a year as part of the Vessel Inspection Program.
- Dad charged after 3-year-old daughter drowned in backyard pool
- 3 hospitals, 2 other businesses targeted with bomb threats Thursday night
- Police make arrest in double stabbing at bus stop in downtown Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Family, friends gather to celebrate Nick Cumer's life
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“The results for Fantasy are not reflective of our robust standards and dedicated commitment to our guests’ health and safety,” Carnival Cruise Lines told Cruise Radio. “We have already taken corrective action, added additional staff and asked USPH for a re-inspection as soon as possible, with every expectation that we will exceed USPH standards.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.