PORTLAND, Ore. - A convenience store clerk was severely beaten Monday over a stolen ice cream bar, police said.
Ryan Delgado, 23, was struck in the head, bitten and punched by a group after confronting a person about stealing an ice cream bar the previous night, The Oregonian reported.
- Police investigating deadly shooting in Robinson Township
- Children found safe following Amber Alert; police still searching for suspect
- 18-year-old shot, killed in South Side days short of graduating high school
- VIDEO: Parents Fight To Get Diploma For North Carolina Teen Who Died In Sleep
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After fleeing, the suspected thief returned Monday and left after he was again confronted by Delgado.
He then returned with several other people. Surveillance video shows that one of them jumped on the sales counter and kicked at Delgado’s head.
Delgado managed to get the group out of the store, but they broke the glass front door, and a melee ensued. Four people began punching and hitting Delgado behind the counter.
The group eventually left after causing about $1,100 in damage and stolen items, including cigars and cigarettes, The Oregonian reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.