The driver of a black Mercedes Benz convertible died after colliding with a forklift Sunday morning.
Witnesses said the forklift’s forks were sticking out into oncoming traffic, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported. The intersection is the site of frequent accidents.
- 13 prison employees suspended in Pennsylvania inmate death
- Man hit, killed walking on the Parkway West near the Ft. Pitt Tunnels
- Passenger dies after falling four stories from Carnival Cruise ship
- VIDEO: Man hit, killed walking on the Parkway West near the Ft. Pitt Tunnels
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The forklift operator continued driving to a nearby construction site. He later returned and talked to investigators, the Sun Sentinel reported.
The identity of the driver was not released.
The forklift driver, who does not speak English, was working as a subcontractor for Skanksa, the Sun Sentinel reported. The construction company declined to comment and would not allow the driver to be interviewed.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.