EL PASO, Texas - A Texas man who has no family nearby is asking the community to help him pay tribute to his wife, who was killed in the El Paso mass shooting last week.
>> Read more trending news
According to KFOX-TV, Antonio Basco of El Paso lost his wife of 22 years, Margie Reckard, earlier this month after a man armed with an AK-47 opened fire inside a busy Walmart store. She was 63 years old.
On Tuesday, Perches Funeral Home said Basco would like members of the public to join him at Reckard's funeral, scheduled for 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at 4946 Hondo Pass.
"Let's show him and his wife some El Paso love," the funeral home wrote in a Facebook post, which quickly went viral.
Mr. Antonio Basco was Married for 22yrs to his wife Margie Reckard, He had no other family. He welcomes anyone to attend...Posted by Perches Funeral Home on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Supporters also can post condolences on the funeral home's website or mail cards to Perches Funeral Homes Northeast, 4946 Hondo Pass Drive, El Paso, TX, 79924.
- 6 western PA massage parlors raided as part of national human trafficking investigation
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- TV reporter killed when stunt plane crashes in Louisiana
- VIDEO: Digital IDs rolling out in some states
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.