With Pat Sajak sidelined by emergency surgery, “Wheel of Fortune” showrunners have tapped Vanna White to fill the longtime host’s shoes while he’s on the mend, People reported.
Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine. He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host. pic.twitter.com/09zYOCE4hL— Wheel of Fortune (@WheelofFortune) November 8, 2019
Sajak, 73, underwent emergency surgery to repair an intestinal blockage, forcing the cancellation of Thursday’s taping, the magazine reported.
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Collision between trains causes massive derailment in Hempfield
- Man dies after large trench collapse in Washington County
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to KDVR, taping resumed Friday with White, 62, assuming hosting responsibilities.
Her first outing appeared to go smoothly, CNN reported, with a few special guests joining White in her hosting debut.
Vanna steps in as host and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto join in the fun! pic.twitter.com/dEpHLxjTMU— Wheel of Fortune (@WheelofFortune) November 9, 2019
In its 37th season, “Wheel of Fortune” is the longest-running syndicated game show in the United States and taped its 7,000th episode in May 2018, People reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.