MONROE COUNTY, Fla. - A fire early Sunday morning caused extensive damage to a recently opened, exclusive, adults-only resort in the Florida Keys, investigators said.
The blaze broke out around 5 a.m. at the Bungalows Key Largo, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said. The resort, which opened in December, comprises 135 individual bungalows across 12 acres of waterfront property.
- Do you know this girl? Philadelphia police need help identifying toddler, finding mother
- More than 2 million pounds of frozen entrees recalled over allergen risk
- Pa. mother to be briefly reunited with kidnapped daughter
- VIDEO: Tens of thousands of people participate in annual Pittsburgh Marathon
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Sheriff’s Office deputies responded along with multiple Upper Keys fire/rescue stations to a fire at the Bungalows Key Largo resort, 99010 Overseas Highway, at Mile Marker 99 at approximately 5 a.m. Sunday. There were no serious injuries reported. pic.twitter.com/VRPU0aR98C— Florida Keys Sheriff (@mcsonews) May 5, 2019
The fire was contained to the resort’s beach house, which contains a restaurant. Although none of the living areas was scorched, resort officials said it will be closed until further notice, the Miami Herald reported.
No one was injured, officials said.
A two-night stay at the resort costs around $2,000, WPLG reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.