A Florida man jumped into a canal Friday and pried open an alligator’s jaws to rescue his dog, wildlife officials said.
The man was inside his home and his chocolate Labrador was outside when he heard noises coming from the canal out back, WWSB reported.
- Children report being hit with sticks, burned at hands of their parents
- ‘You're gonna kill me': Body cameras show man's death at hands of Dallas cops
- Dog lick infection: Woman in medically induced coma awakes, finds limbs amputated
- Police: Man steals snakes, iguanas from Westmoreland Co. pet store
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials said the man saw his dog in the canal with an alligator. He immediately jumped in, pulled apart the nine-foot alligator’s jaws and rescued his dog, WWSB reported.
Officials said the man and his dog suffered minor injuries and are expected to recover, WWSB reported.
A trapper was called out to capture the alligator.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.