A mother from Miami has been arrested after police said she hit her son with a meat tenderizer.
Police said an argument started about the boy’s homework on April 4, WTVJ reported.
Police said Martha Ciguenas’ 9-year-old son had extra homework over spring break that he didn’t tell her about.
- AJ Freund: Slain Illinois boy was beaten, forced into cold shower by parents, prosecutors say
- 11-year-old boy killed in crash on Pa Turnpike, eastbound lanes closed
- North Carolina teen rescued from rip tide brain dead, will donate organs, father says
- VIDEO: Sheep take over backyard
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Police said Ciguenas threw a water bottle and then a cellphone at him, but missed hitting the boy, WBBH reported.
Then she grabbed a glass candle holder, hitting him twice on the head, according to the police report.
Police said Ciguenas then grabbed a metal meat tenderizer and hit her son on the head, causing cuts, WTVJ reported.
Police said she also hit him on the arm as she yelled at him. The metal peaks on the tenderizer caused bleeding, WFOR reported.
A child protection team looked at the boy’s injuries and said they “were consistent with child physical abuse,” according to the police report.
Ciguenas was arrested Monday and faces aggravated child abuse charges. She denied that she hit her son intentionally, WTVJ reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.