PALM BAY, Fla. - Two people were arrested over the weekend after Florida police said they found two children covered in filth while wandering a Palm Bay neighborhood.
- Garth Brooks takes the stage at Heinz Field after delay due to severe weather threat
- App lets you know where the cicadas are buzzing
- Alligator captured at South Side Riverfront Park
- VIDEO: Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh announces new parish mergers, shrines
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to an arrest report, Palm Bay police were called to the home Saturday after receiving a call from neighbors about children running around the neighborhood.
One officer who responded to the scene said the children were so hungry that they were attempting to eat grass and sticks.
Police said one of the children had a soiled diaper that hung to her knees.
When an officer asked Hall to change the child's diaper, she refused, according to police.
When investigators looked inside the residence, they said the home was filled with garbage, dirty clothing and large amounts of soiled food crumbs that covered the floor.
A Florida Department of Children and Families investigator said the home was so cluttered, it was impossible to walk inside and not step in filth.
Hall was released from jail after posting bond.
Rickards remains behind bars on a $10,000 bond.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.