Authorities said a Florida man stole more than $10,000 from customers while working as a server at several restaurants in Brevard County.
The Brevard County Sheriff's Office said Kevin Harris stole 25 customers' credit cards by taking photos of the card's numbers when he processed their bills.
- Homicide detectives called to incident in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- Man killed after being ejected from vehicle in crash on Route 21
- Carrie Underwood surprises local high school athletes with donation
- VIDEO: Pennsylvania's state bird disappearing, report says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Deputies said he used the credit cards to make online purchases exceeding $10,000.
The Sheriff's Office said Harris also would use the credit card numbers to purchase gift cards to pay the bills of customers who paid in cash.
Investigators said Harris also stole from 10 retail businesses in Brevard County. They said he would take the stolen items to local pawn shops to pawn the items for cash, making more than $6,000.
Harris was arrested and taken to the Brevard County Jail, where he is held on no bail status.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.