MILTON, Fla. - A tortoise injured by a front-end loader was recently fitted with a custom wheelchair.
Scoot Reeves was taken to a veterinary clinic paralyzed with his shell cracked after being run over and was at risk to be euthanized.
The company took months designing a wheelchair and now Scoot is moving again.
Scoot is not the first injured, shelled reptile to be fitted with a wheelchair.
An injured box turtle at the Maryland Zoo was fitted with a wheelchair made from Lego bricks in September 2018.
- GREENSBURG SHOOTING: Coroner called to Greensburg home after shooting
- Horrified mother watches son, boyfriend drown as powerful rip current drags them out to sea
- Family says kindergartner was ‘lunch shamed,' school officials respond
- VIDEO: Shooting victim in bullet-ridden SUV flags down police
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.