A Georgia couple lived together as husband and wife for 71 years. It was only fitting they left the world on the same day.
- Teen boy killed after fall at YMCA camp
- Police arrest man charged with killing girlfriend's 11-month-old daughter
- West Virginia man says he was bitten by copperhead while reaching under couch
- VIDEO: Police: Officer shoots, kills man who fired gun in midst of homicide investigation
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Herbert DeLaigle died at 2:20 a.m. on Friday, and Marilyn Frances died exactly 12 hours later, WDRW reported.
According to his obituary, Herbert DeLaigle was a decorated Army veteran who served during World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He rose to the rank of master sergeant and was awarded several Bronze Stars, according to his obituary.
Marilyn Frances DeLaigle operated Marilyn’s Nursery near Waynesboro from 1979 to 1984, according to her obituary.
The couple had six children, 16 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren, according to their obituaries.
The couple met in Waynesboro, WDRW reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.