STATESBORO, Ga. - Georgia Southern and Coastal Carolina college football fans probably have this message for referees: Let the kids play. Or, in the case of what happened Saturday, let the kids dance.
The Eagles and Chanticleers had a "hype dance-off" across from each other's sidelines during a television timeout Saturday to get loose before the fourth quarter.
Referees gave every player on both teams an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for the dancing. Check out the video:
A few players who already had unsportsmanlike conduct penalties earlier in the game were ejected for their second infraction.
Georgia Southern won 30-27 in triple overtime thanks to a game-winning touchdown from Wesley Kennedy III. Kennedy ran 25 times for 129 yards and two touchdowns in the win.
- 4 people shot during drive-by in Duquesne neighborhood, police say
- Paid local extras wanted for new star-studded Amazon movie
- WATCH: Local football player, who has Down syndrome, scores memorable touchdown on senior night
- VIDEO: Thieves targeting catalytic converters from vehicles for huge profit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.