A 9-year-old girl is in critical condition after trying to save her father, who drowned in a Macon pool over the weekend, authorities said.
Just before noon Saturday, deputies were called to the Arbor Apartment Homes off Northside Drive, the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post. Roger Dewayne Anthony, 42, didn’t resurface after going underwater, and his daughter tried to help him.
- Steelers WR coach dies, training camp closed Sunday
- Person dead after police tried serving search warrant in Delmont
- Police: Dozens of gondola cars fall to ground in Canada after cable cut
- VIDEO: Friends get matching tattoos in honor of Nick Cumer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Witnesses were able to help both of them from the pool, the post said. Anthony was taken to Coliseum Northside Hospital, where he later died, according to Coroner Leon Jones.
The girl, London Anthony, was taken to the Navicent Children’s Hospital, where she is in critical condition, the post said. No other details have been released.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.