A Canada goose and a ring-billed gull are recovering at a wildlife center after eating pills that were dumped in a California park, KTLA reported.
Hundreds of prescription pills were dumped at a park in Huntington Beach, and some of them were eaten by the birds Wednesday, the Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center said in a Facebook post.
One person called animal control after spotting a goose in distress, KCAL reported.
The wildlife center said other birds may have also ingested some of the same pills, but they were able to fly away, KTLA reported.
It was not clear who the pills belonged to, the television station reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.