It looks like Harry Styles won't be Ariel's prince, after all.
According to Variety, the actor and One Direction singer has decided not to play Eric in Disney's "Little Mermaid" remake.
"Although he is a fan of the project, he has respectfully passed," a Styles representative told Rolling Stone on Tuesday.
The news came shortly after rumors, fueled in part by inaccurate tweets by the AMC and Regal movie theater chains, swirled on social media that Styles would be starring in the film.
Disney announced last month that Chloe X Halle singer Halle Bailey, 19, had been cast as Ariel in the live-action remake of the 1989 classic, which will be directed by Rob Marshall, according to the Wrap. Marshall, Marc Platt, John DeLuca and Lin-Manuel Miranda are producing the reboot.
dream come true... 🧜🏽♀️🌊 pic.twitter.com/sndjYUS6wO— chloe x halle (@chloexhalle) July 3, 2019
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Church festival canceled because of 'disturbing letter'
- World-renowned forensic pathologist from Pittsburgh weighs in on Jeffrey Epstein case
- VIDEO: Trump to promote turning natural gas into plastics in Pa.
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.