A high school football player died after collapsing during a game Friday night.
Alex Miller, a senior at Roane County High School, collapsed during a game against Clay County High School, WDTV reported.
- Victim identified, third man in custody in connection with body found in local park
- More than 2,200 fetal remains found on property of late doctor who ran abortion clinic
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster, Ryan Switzer put smiles on patients' faces at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Heartburn drug Zantac, generic versions could contain small amounts of possible carcinogen
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
He was given medical attention at the scene and then taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“The Roane County community suffered a tragic loss last night with the passing of Alex Miller,” the school said on social media. “Roane County High School will open its doors at noon (Saturday) for the students to be with one another during this difficult time. Counselors, local pastors, teachers, parents and friends will be available as our community continues to grieve.”
Miller played wide receiver and strong safety.
The game was suspended indefinitely.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.