HOUSTON - Graduation is a time to celebrate, but a Texas high school senior decided to skip her party and throw one for people in need.
Leanne Carrasco, who graduated from Waltrip High School in Houston, spent Sunday hosting a pizza party for homeless women and children, KTRK reported.
“Parties, they don’t last that long, only a couple of hours,” Carrasco told KRIV. “Probably, I won’t even remember it. But being able to give to these people, it means a lot.”
“I just want to be a blessing and show these beautiful women and children that no matter what, someone does care,” Carrasco told KPRC.
- Father charged with murder of 7-year-old found encased in concrete-filled dog carrier
- 3 people arrested, 4th sought after shooting in McKeesport
- Health Department issues alert for vendor at Pittsburgh Taco Festival
- VIDEO: Local man with weeks to live caught in fight over health insurance
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.