KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. - Emergency crews were called to rescue an impaired driver who drove a truck into the ocean Friday afternoon, police said.
While a passenger was able to get out, the driver, Trop Topash, was still stuck in the white pickup after driving it into the ocean around 2:30 p.m., Kill Devil Hills police said.
First responders were able to get Topash, 41, out of the truck and secure it. It was eventually towed.
A curfew was still in effect when the incident happened, police said.
Topash was arrested, police said. Charges were not immediately known.
- Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- "I just kinda knew it wasn't right.." Convincing new phone scam impacting our area
- 74-year-old woman in India gives birth to twin girls
- VIDEO: Ohio man gets last wish to see grandson play college baseball
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.