NEWBURY HEIGHTS, Ohio - A 23-year-old in a rented Lamborghini was speeding to impress a date, he told officers after being pulled over for going 131 mph.
Joshua Lines was pulled over for driving 131 mph in a 60 mph zone, WKYC reported.
“131! 131! You know how fast you were going?” an officer asked Lines, WEWS reported. “Everyone was honking their horn as they were going on by. So, what’s your reason for going 131?”
“I was just showing off,” Lines replied.
“Really? Well, you can explain that to the judge. 131,” the officer said. “I don’t care if you were showing off, 131 is uncalled for.”
Lines was cited for speeding and reckless driving, WKYC reported. He is expected in court Sept. 25.
- Cause of death, funeral arrangements announced for Pittsburgh Steelers legend Sam Davis
- Homeowner's body found after 'suspicious' explosion sparks fire
- Man wanted for assaulting girlfriend's baby turns himself in
- VIDEO: Heartburn drug Zantac, generic versions could contain small amounts of possible carcinogen
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.