ELWOOD, Ind. - An Indiana man is accused of beating a man with a broken coffee table leg and pouring peroxide in the victim’s eyes, WXIN reported.
Daniel Robert Armstrong, 38, of Elwood, faces preliminary charges of attempted murder, criminal confinement, aggravated battery, strangulation, intimidation with a deadly weapon, impersonation of a public servant and residential entry, according to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.
Armstrong was taken to the Madison County Jail, where prosecutors placed him on a 72-hour hold without bond, WTHR reported.
Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings said Armstrong kicked in the door of the home where Zachary Arnold was staying and struck the man in the head, The Herald-Bulletin of Anderson reported. Police said the blow caused Arnold to briefly lose consciousness. Armstrong continued to beat the victim, police said, throwing him over a couch into a coffee table and hitting him with a broken leg from the table, WXIN reported.
Police said Armstrong allegedly told Arnold repeatedly he was going to kill him. He then dragged the victim into a bathroom, where peroxide was poured into Arnold’s eyes, the Herald-Bulletin reported.
Arnold, the son of former Elwood Mayor Ron Arnold, was taken to a hospital in Indianapolis, the newspaper reported.
- Police investigating deadly shooting in Robinson Township
- Children found safe following Amber Alert; police still searching for suspect
- 18-year-old shot, killed in South Side days short of graduating high school
- VIDEO: Parents Fight To Get Diploma For North Carolina Teen Who Died In Sleep(5/24-5/26)
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.