A large crowd gathered Sunday morning at RiverScape MetroPark for a service hosted by Kanye West.
Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and their children held the Sunday Service in support of the victims and survivors of the mass shooting at the city of Dayton’s historic Oregon District.
- Local man's death at Clarksburg VA facility now being called a homicide
- SWAT situation ends with man taken to area hospital
- Veteran with service dog denied access to gym
- VIDEO: 11 Investigates why many local police departments still don't have body cameras
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
In support of the victims and survivors of the Dayton mass shooting https://t.co/RFr8A4birh— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 25, 2019
Several other celebrities, including Dave Chappelle and Michael Che, of “Saturday Night Live,” also were seen at the service, which lasted about two hours.
“The best way we can honor our fallen is by getting up better than we were before,” Chappelle told the crowd. “We won’t let those people die in vain.”
Two attendees said they had a great time at the service this morning.
“It was really fun. I actually got to be a part of the Sunday Service choir,” Chaelyn Allen said. “We been rehearsing for, like, a few days this week, so it was really fun.”
“I think it was awesome, a great cause,” Shantel Wilder said. “It feels good to be a part of it.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.