ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - A New Mexico man is accused of intentionally running over a dog and killing it, KOB reported.
Douglas Arnold Smith, of Albuquerque, faces charges of extreme cruelty to animals and conspiracy to commit extreme cruelty to animals, according to arrest records.
- Fight between 2 groups inside Monroeville Mall led to shots fired outside, police say
- Woman does karate, son gets naked at Walmart in Wisconsin, police say
- Neighbor dismantles dentist's lewd Easter mannequin display
- VIDEO: Dog's leg amputated after being shot by neighbor, owners say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to police, witnesses said they saw Smith and a woman arguing with the owner of the dog, named Chubs, KRQE reported. Smith and the woman then allegedly got into an SUV and yelled, “Kill the dog!” before fatally hitting the animal with the vehicle, the television station reported.
The owner of Chubs sent us this picture. pic.twitter.com/zLgWmcgXPj— KOB 4 (@KOB4) April 11, 2019
When police arrived at the scene, Chubs was on the ground with “obvious injuries,” KOB reported. An officer took the dog to a local animal hospital, where it died, the television station reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.