They were only married since December, but the on-again, off-again relationship between Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus is done.
And while the "Wrecking Ball" singer has been vacationing with Kaitlynn Carter, Brody Jenner's ex, Hemsworth has been spending time with his brother and "Thor" actor, Chris Hemsworth, and his family, E! News reported.
The Daily Mail spoke with Liam Hemsworth as he left a frozen yogurt shop in Australia.
When a representative of Daily Mail Australia asked him about the breakdown of his marriage with Cyrus, he responded, "You don't understand what it's like. I don't want to talk about it mate."
Cyrus announced the split over the weekend in a statement issued by her spokesperson, saying, "Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time. Ever-evolving, changing as partners and and individuals, they have decided this is what's best while they both focus on themselves and careers."
She has also been posting to Instagram, the latest image was of her standing on a hilltop, saying "Life's a climb... but the view is great."
A source said the couple hadn't been feeling connected after they got married eight months ago, E! News reported.
The source told E! News the two are still are communicating and the split wasn't messy, just that, "they are at different points in their lives currently."
- Police: Man killed was member of motorcycle club, may have been targeted by rival club
- Mother, 10-year-old son found shot to death in Crawford County
- Emergency officials on scene after tanker hauling gas crashes
- VIDEO: Record for world's largest wedding cookie table broken in Monongahela
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.