LOS ANGELES - A 21-year-old Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy lied about being shot by a sniper in a station parking lot earlier this week.
Angel Reinosa was relieved of duties and faces a criminal investigation. He had been with the department for about a year.
The department said Reinosa was shot Wednesday by a sniper while walking to his car in the employee parking lot. The bullet damaged his uniform but deflected off his shoulder.
However, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Kent Wegener said no bullets were recovered at the scene. Eventually, Reinosa said he made up the shooting and used a knife to cut the bullet holes in his shirt.
Reinosa did not say why he did it.
The Association Press contributed to this report.
- SUV crashes into home after woman shot walking home from store
- Report: Antonio Brown in process of securing endorsement deal after losing 2nd helmet grievance
- Veteran with service dog denied access to gym
- VIDEO: Toy maker company Hasbro acquires Death Row Records as part of $4 billion deal
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.