A city employee was killed by electrocution and another critically injured while putting up Christmas lights in northern Louisiana, authorities said.
- Pittsburgh doctor does not take insurance and charges $35 per visit
- Woman, children inside local home during shootout between man, police
- Rain will change to snow as cold air rushes in Thursday
- VIDEO: What you need to know about Light Up Night 2019
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Police Chief Will Lynd told KSLA that the city manager asked officers for help shortly after the station lost power about 3:15 p.m. Lynd rushed outside to find one employee "hanging from a lift basket" and another "standing in the bucket," the news station reported.
One worker died, and the second was hospitalized in critical condition, KTBS reported.
No further information about the victims was immediately available.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.