MONROE, La. - A Louisiana woman was arrested after police say she repeatedly punched her 12-year-old son in the face after an argument.
KNOE reported that, according to records from the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office, officers were called to the home of Willie Keanna Wilson, 34, on Sunday.
Arrest records said Wilson told police her 12-year-old son was acting out and cursed at her. When she followed him and asked him what he said, she said her son pushed her and the two "got into a fistfight," according to the report.
The 12-year-old boy said he and his mother were arguing, and she hit him, pushing him against a wall and punching him in the face, the arrest report said.
Wilson, who KNOE reported has previous arrests for battering, including assault on a school teacher, was arrested and charged with cruelty to juvenile. She has not been released and remains in Ouachita Correctional Center on $5,000 bond, according to Sheriffs' Office records at the time this story was published.
- 74 people displaced by apartment building fire in West Oakland; 2 firefighters injured
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- 6 western PA massage parlors raided as part of national human trafficking investigation
- VIDEO: Digital IDs rolling out in some states
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.