STOCK ISLAND, Fla. - A father was arrested after being accused of choking his daughter outside of Florida bar.
The Brick Times reported that witnesses said Scott W. Alino, of Brick, New Jersey, dragged his 9-year-old daughter outside of the Hogfish Bar & Grill on Stock Island, Florida, and into the parking lot. He choked her until a bar employee intervened. Police were called when Alino threatened the intervening employee. The girl was able to run back into the bar as the worker stepped in, WFOR reported.
- Federal, local law enforcement stop domestic terror attack, reports say
- Former VP Joe Biden to kick off first campaign rally in Pittsburgh on Monday
- Woman found guilty in deadly hit-and-run on Babcock Boulevard
- VIDEO: Man dies after being dragged for blocks in hit-and-run
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to the worker, the girl’s neck was red and she nearly lost consciousness, NJ.com reported.
Alino, 47, told authorities who arrived at the scene that he had his hands on his daughter’s shoulder and neck because she was misbehaving. He denied he was choking her, the sheriff’s officials said.
Alino also told police that he “didn’t need anyone telling him how to raise his children,” according to WFOR.
Surveillance video confirmed witness accounts.
The Brick Times reported that Alino was charged with neglect of a child without great bodily harm. NJ.com reported that he remained at the Monroe County Detention Center in Key West, Florida, on Wednesday without bond.
He is scheduled to be arraigned May 9.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.