If you're going to be a fake cop, the one vehicle you don't want to pull over is a van full of real members of law enforcement.
But that's exactly what police said happened on Long Island, The Associated Press reported.
Police in Nassau County, New York, said Valiery Portlock turned on his horn and flashed emergency lights on Friday when he tried to pull over a van in Hicksville, Long Island.
- Local animal rescue group asking for public's help after dog found tied to post, shot to death
- Parent says kindergarten students at New Mexico school kept in cages while waiting for pickup
- 7th-grader donates $15,000 in livestock premiums to St. Jude Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Family finds live frog in salad
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The problem was, the van was carrying detectives from Nassau County Police Department's electronics squad, the AP reported.
The real police identified themselves and approached Portlock's car and he sped away.
Eventually, highway patrol officers caught up with Portlock and arrested him, the AP reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.